for intermediate flute ensemble (2017)
(also available for recorder ensemble)
- Flute ensemble (Fl. 1, Fl. 2, Alto Fl., Bass Fl., opt. C-bass Fl.)
Also available for:
- Flute quartet (Fl. 1, Fl. 2, Alto Fl., Bass Fl.)
- Recorder ensemble (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass, Great Bass)
Duration: 7 minutes
Commissioned by: Gabriele Sebald
- July 2nd, 2017
- Ensemble "Tutti Flutti", conducted by Gabriele Sebald
- Christuskirche (Bonn, Germany)
About the work
The "Fantasía Oriunda" ("Oriundo" is Spanish for "native") is a tribute to my musical heritage. Of central importance within the work are a series of Peruvian musical genres (pregón, tondero, yaraví), that are combined with impressions of Venezuelan joropo und Mexican wapango.
The "Fantasía Oriunda" was commissioned by Gabriele Sebald, flute teacher at the Bonn Music School (Musikschule Bonn) in Germany. It was premiered on July 2nd, 2017 in the Christuskirche in Bonn, performed by Sebald´s student ensemble "Tutti Flutti", as part of a Benefit Concert for cultural projects in Kenya and Nicaragua.